DISCLAIMER: Submission of your claim does not commit your insurance company or its affiliates and agents to coverage for any loss. All information submitted regarding your insurance policy and any loss is subject to review and verification. Continental Western Group, LLC and its affiliates reserve the right to request additional information prior to reaching a decision on the claim. All policy provisions in your policy remain in effect, and nothing contained in this website may be construed as waiving any of the terms and conditions of your policy.
If you are a CWG insured and you are involved in an incident which results in property damage or bodily injury to another party, or if you are a claimant who has property damage or bodily injury arising from an incident with a CWG insured,
We Suggest Taking the Following Steps:
- Make sure any parties involved in the incident are safe and out of danger.
- Seek any necessary emergency services by calling 911.
- If appropriate, request that a law enforcement officer come to the accident scene to make a report. Cooperate with the officer who arrives.
- Collect names, addresses and phone numbers from other parties that may have been involved in, or witnesses to, the incident.
- Preserve any evidence.
- Protect your property from further loss or damage by making reasonable temporary repairs. Keep a record of any necessary temporary repair costs.
- Even if you feel some items may be damaged beyond repair, don't dispose of them until your CWG claim representative has examined them.
- Move undamaged items to a safe and secure area on the premises if necessary.
- Do not discuss the incident with anyone except the officer and your own insurance representative (either your independent agent or CWG claim representative.)
- Promptly report the incident to your agent or to CWG at 866-232-6724.
- If you receive a lawsuit or legal papers related to a claim, previously reported to CWG or not, immediately contact your agent and/or CWG at 866-232-6724.