CWG, in partnership with the W. R. Berkley Charitable Foundation, actively supports 501(c)(3) charitable organizations within the communities in which our employees live and work. Funding decisions are based on an organization’s demonstrated efficiency, support by company volunteers, and advancement of employee and community well-being. Funding emphasis is placed on Health & Human Services, Community Betterment, Youth Development, Education, and Arts and Culture.
A team of employees reviews requests for grant funding. There is no restriction to the size of each request, but only one donation per organization will be granted in a calendar year.
Applicants should submit a formal letter with the following information:
- Organization name, address, phone number and primary contact
- A brief description of the organization’s history, purpose, accomplishments and goals.
- A brief description of the program or event to be funded (if separate from a general organizational request)
- Group or community which will benefit from the program and how the program is measured for success.
- A requested dollar amount.
- A copy of the 501(c)(3) tax exempt status letter.
- A financial statement for the most recently completed fiscal year.
- A list of all officers and board of directors for the organization (local only).
Grant requests will not be considered for:
- Organizations that are not tax-exempt under paragraph 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code.
- Political or fraternal organizations
- School sports leagues or events and other non-educational activities such as band, choir or debate.
- Individuals for any purpose
- Religious activities for a particular denomination, except when these groups provide needed services to the community at large.
Submit requests by mail or email to:
Vice-President – Chief Talent Officer
Continental Western Group
11201 Douglas Avenue
PO Box 1594
Des Moines, IA 50306-1594